Radisson Reagan National Airport - Trip Report

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by IkeEsq, Jun 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. IkeEsq

IkeEsq Gold Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I (and son) just spent the night at the Radisson at Reagan National Airport, or more specifically in Crystal City in Arlington, VA. Cost: $89.00 ($89.00 Fed. Govt. rate + tax = $97.90 - 10% topcashback = $89.00) plus $20 for overnight parking. We could have done the Metro and parked for free, but the ~$10 saved would not have been worth the hassle and time wasted. This was our 4th of 6 stays that should net us ~305,000 Club Carlson points as part of their latest BigNightGiveaway.

We arrived at around 6:30 and did not have to wait at checkin. The person checking us in noted that I was Gold (thanks to status match from free Accor Platinum) and told us that we had been upgraded to the Penthouse Suite. I confirmed that that was acceptable. ;) The Penthouse Suite(s) are only accessible from the elevator down the hall behind the Front Desk. We got the elevator, punched in "P" and were whisked away to the 9th floor.

Door.jpg Couch.jpg Foyer.jpg Bathroom.jpg Bed.jpg Shower.jpg Bed2.jpg Toilet.jpg

Hall leads to roomy sitting room with couch, chair, and desk, with its own bathroom. Mini fridge in cabinet and microwave. Bedroom almost completely filled with King bed and dresser. Bathroom with separate toilet and shower. Not too bad. Oh, and did I mention the jetted tub?

Tub.jpg

Yeah, any time we have a separate room and bathroom for the 3-yo and a jetted tub for the wife, life is good. When I went to get on the Wifi, I found that the Penthouse has its own access point. Sweet. So I didn't have to share with the riff-raff. :p

Decent view, and a roof-top pool on the 4th level.

View.jpg Pool.jpg

Everything was clean and nice, with decent bath amenities, luxurious towels, and it was very quiet. There were two bottles of water awaiting us and overall we had a most excellent time. There is a free shuttle to the Airport, parking is $20 per night, it is reasonable convenient off of Rt. 1 (Jefferson David Highway) a mile or so from Reagan National Airport. There is an airport monitor in the lobby and there are a number of restaurants at Crystal City or Pentagon City. Not bad for $110 and ~55,000 Club Carlson points.

In case you are wondering, yes, you can make a fort out of the couch. And yes, a 3-yo can chase you all around the place and not get tired of it after 15 minutes.

Ike
    Fort.jpg

uggboy, flyingdawg and kellio like this.
  2. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice report IkeEsq. Thx for the details.

uggboy and IkeEsq like this.
  3. katstarr

katstarr Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was there the night after the SMD4 launch party. I am gold, but they did not give me a suite or a room as nice as yours. the hotel was "ok" - clean, but nothing bad, nothing good. actually, the wifi and the breakfast were horrible. I believe I used points and cash - 10,000 points plus 60 dollars.

1 person likes this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Amazing upgrade, thanks for the photos and impressions!:)

5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not all " Golds " are equal.:eek:

katstarr likes this.