Radisson LAX Los Angeles Airport

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by Sweet Willie, Jan 29, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just finished a stay at this property.

Upon checkin, gold status was acknowledged and I was upgraded to a Jr Suite. A jr suite is actually two hotel rooms next to each other with the access door between open, one contains the bedroom & the other room contains a couch/tv, etc. (there is a tv in the bedroom portion as well). Internet was free in the room.

Valet was north of $25, glad I didn't have a car.

As I didn't have a car, in the morning I tried the breakfast buffet for $17.95, good not great. The breakfast wait staff could not have been more prompt & friendly, really pleasing to come across non-surly waitstaff.

Upon checkout I had been charged $2 for making a toll free call from the room (really, do hotels still charge for toll free calls????), said I wasn't pleased and the front desk staff quickly removed the charge.

A couple notes about noise, there were a LOT of young folks around, dressed to kill & party, perhaps I didn't have any on my floor but my room was very noise proof, despite being somewhat close to the elevators as well.

My room was on the North side of the hotel, opposite of Century Blvd, there was zero street traffic noise and only a few rumblings of aircraft taking off both ~10pm & 7am but nothing in between! So I was VERY VERY pleased with the lack of noise!!

A nice plus is that the Radisson uses a 'general' hotel shuttle, in other words a common shuttle that stops at many different airport hotels, because the Radisson is closest to LAX, it is the LAST shuttle stop so while you may not get a seat to sit down, don't worry as the terminals are so close you'll only be standing for a brief moment.

For my AAA rate of $74, I was quite pleased with my stay & would gladly stay again at this property.

Kalboz, PointHoarder, sobore and 5 others like this.
  2. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stayed there during the raddison promotion late last year. The check in staff greeted me and thanked me for being a member of Club Carlson. I did have a car, and i DID notice the valet price; though the front desk said a little East of their hotel was a public parking for $12-$14 a night. A little bit better, but still overpriced in my opinion. Since I live about 3 miles from the hotel, I drove home and took the bus back ($2 RT on a bus was a much better idea than $25 for the valet). My room was facing North and got to see some pretty cool landings and takeoffs. That being said, the room did need a makeover, and it needed it quick. I think the room used to be a smoking room, there was a scent of cig smoke. For its location, the price is hard to beat. I got the same AAA rate and got 50,000 points out of it. Would I stay there again, probably not (only b/c i do live right down the street and its not the easiest hotel to get to from Lincoln Blvd.) Would I recommend it to people coming to LA, definitely. Great location if you dont mind planes and paying for valet.

3. wombat18
    Original Member

wombat18 Silver Member

Status Points:
    When I stayed there back in December there was a huge high school basketball tournament staying at the hotel. Needless to say there was a bunch of running up and down the corridor. Front desk staff refused to do anything about it.

The room was tired, more tired than is usual in an airport hotel. And, man, try to doing work at the desk ... let's just say it wasn't ergonomically designed!

The hotel is ridiculously close to the terminal, so if your gate is close then you're better off walking the short distance than waiting the 20 minutes for the shuttle.

4. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I really liked the landings, saw quite a number touching down
    oh, thanks for posting this comment, I knew I was missing something when I posted. wombat18 is spot on with this comment. The desk chair I had was some oddity lazy boy like chair on rollers that would work great for a child's tea party as the seat was maybe 18" off of the floor, as a result I felt like a kid at a big desk. They really need to get a proper business desk chair in the room for desk use. Thankfully I had only 15 minutes worth of business to take care of.

Kalboz and flyingdawg like this.