Radisson Hotel Toronto East (near Markham)

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by Sweet Willie, Dec 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Had a recent stay at the Radisson Hotel Toronto East.

Parking was $8 which is not well posted on the CC website.

Room was quite quiet considering proximity to 401 expressway, sadly the AC/Heat unit was one of the noisy in-ceiling units just as one enters the doorway. (Is it just me or do those type of units ALWAYS operate terrible??!!)
    Thankfully opening window cooled room down before we went to bed.

Bed was horrible, someone had removed the top to the sleepnumber bed, which we didn't realize until ~2am at which point we weren't going to move rooms.

We did not eat at the the hotel restaurant. I liked the numerous independent restaurants nearby (yes there are chains if you want them).

About 2 miles from the hotel is The Royal Chinese Restaurant (3587 Sheppard Ave, East Scarborough neighborhood of Toronto). This was a very good Chinese seafood (& other items) restaurant. My clams w/black bean sauce were delicious. Open from 4pm until 1:30AM !

After dinner we went for drinks in the nearby King Georges Arms Pub (2501 Victoria Park Ave), an easy 4 block walk from the hotel. Small, friendly pub with lots of beer choices & full bar. Also many TV screens to watch the games.

In the same mall area as the above pub is a Starbucks which Mrs Sweet Willie was appreciative of.

After we checked out, we drove north to have dim sum at Ding Tai Fung in Markham (this restaurant is no relation to the Taiwan restaurant of the same name). Dim sum was quite tasty, especially the soup dumplings xiao long bao

The hotel was ok for driving to downtown Toronto, simply took the nearby Don Valley Parkway http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Valley_Parkway but we heard from enough locals that traffic is a pain in the arse in Toronto, so I guess we lucked out as it wasn't bad when we took the parkway.

Radisson Hotel Toronto East
    55 Hallcrown Place, Toronto, ON M2J4R1

uggboy likes this.
  2. Jett Rink
    Original Member

Jett Rink Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sweet Willie, given the chance, you would stay there again. Yes?

Sweet Willie likes this.
  3. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    If I had need to be in that area of Toronto, yes.