Radisson Fisherman's Wharf Sa Francisco

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by Courcoison, Dec 31, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Courcoison
    Original Member

Courcoison Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good Day:
    A couple of weeks back I stayed one night at the Radisson Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco.
    Although the lobby was in acceptable shape the hotel itself and my experience was not.
    The hotel is in the middle of a much needed remodel.
    Upon check in I was given a very noisy dirty small 4th floor room overlooking Beach street at the very end of the building.
    I was able to access the fourth floor from the hotel parking via an elevator that was not working at night (7.00 pm to 8.00 am).
    The only option then was to take the stairs down going through doors that could not be reopened from the outside or trecking all the way through an extremelly dirty corridor all the way back to the very end of the building...
    Rooms and commun areas were being worked on with workers moving about taking smoke breaks in the empty hotel parking lot keeping the doors open artificially to be able to get back in...
    It looks to me that some of the contracted workers actually are living in the hotel.
    The overall occupancy of the hotel had to be very light as the parking lot was not very full during my one night stay.
    Corridors were dark and frankly this is the first time in over 30 years of travels I felt uneasy and downright scared...
    With the exception of the first floor, none of the ice machines worked. Two of them were leaking and towel paper had been thrown on the wet dirty floor to absorb the water.
    Until the remodel work has been done I would stay away from this property.

flyingdawg likes this.
  2. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thx for the warning.

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did you pick this hotel for the 50k bonus promo?

4. Courcoison
    Original Member

Courcoison Silver Member

Status Points:
    I actually did. I do not stay at Radisson hotels very often but the promotion gave me an incentive to give the brand a try. I did and this was a big mistake.

5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah this is definitely not the first negative review of Radisson properties, and you have to wonder if the pormo would have the opposite effect than what they intended. Obviously they built the promo to encourage people to try the brand in exchange for the points, and what some people are finding out is that some of the hotels are downright crappy.

There was already a negative review and a "slightly less negative" review of the PVD property, this one which is downright scary, and my personal experience with Valley Forge is that while it's certainly "adequate" I would not be staying there again until it's fully renovated.

If anything, it seems that the worst thing could be happening, which is that the worst kind of customer -- really experienced, elite with other programs and relatively opinionated -- are trying out the properties and deciding that (maybe) it was worth it for the points (for future award stays at cat 6 hotels) but they won't be staying at a Radisson in the near future.

Lyssa and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    The SJC airport property isn't that impressive either. Spent one night there and MR'ed another one. Admittedly, it wasn't particularly scary... Just felt a little old and in need of of a renovation. I definitely don't regret earning the 100k points, though.

viguera likes this.