Radisson eStandby Upgrade Program

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by ckwill, Dec 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ckwill
    Original Member

ckwill Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone ever used this program? I just leveraged my Big Night Giveaway points into three nights at the Radisson Aruba Resort next week and when I checked my reservation details online, I saw an offer for the eStandby Upgrade Program. When I clicked through the link, it gave me these options:

What I can't determine is if you can decline the upgrade once you arrive at the hotel or if this locks you in (if the hotel has availability)?

As a Club Carlson Gold, I was hoping that I might be upgraded just based on my status, though I know that's probably wishful thinking this time of year.

Also, it looks like this estandby program is run by a third party ("Nor1"), so I would think that if the hotel has the rooms available when I check-in (not guaranteed, of course) and I was willing to pay some amount to be upgraded, that I could use this information as leverage to negotiate a lower upgrade rate since the third party is presumably taking a decent cut of these fees.