Radisson, Colorado Springs, CO (COS) - Master Tread

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by flyingdawg, Jan 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

The Radisson Colorado Springs is an airprot location which offers shuttle service to and from COS. The location is on the east side of Colorado Springs several miles from I-26.

Check-in was smooth and quick. I was given a coupon for a free drink at the bar, a free breakfast, and a coupon for 20% off dinner at the hotel restaurant. I was also upgraded to a jr. suite. Parking is free and the hotel is two stories (brick). The lobby has a gift shop and business center. The hotel is laid out in square with a center courtyard. I was really impressed with how clean the grounds were. The courtyard has a large indoor pool, out door hot tub and several seating areas.

I was really impressed with the room. The property is obviously not new construction, but has been well maintained. My room was a small jr. suite, but very recently rennovated (at least within the past 5 or 6 months). There was a refrig and microwave in the livving area and I had a nice welcome basket with drinks and snacks. The bathroom was pretty small, but was in excellent condition. The size was limited I think by it being an older property.

I did not use the on-site restaurant for dinner, but did enjoy my (free) made to order breakfast there. Service was a bit slow, but otherwise I was happy with everything. Directly in front of the restaurant is The Airplane Restaurant where I enjoyed dinner. Very cool restaurant with a KC 97 attached and a ton of airplane memoribila inside. You can have dinner in the KC or the main restaurant and just walk through and check out the KC.

Overall a very enjoyable stay.
    Rating: 3 dawgs