Radisson, Celebration Orlando (FL) - Master Thread

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by flyingdawg, Mar 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    This property is located near Disney Celebration just off I-4 and about 3 miles from Disney's main entrance. Parking is free. Buildings 4, 5 and 6 at the property have limited parking nearby, so if the property is full (or near full) you may have to park a good distance from your room. Lobby area is large with a car rental booth, large sitting area, business center, gift shop, and coffee shop. My room was not ready at 3:30ish (check-in is 4pm) so I waited around until 4:10 and my room was still not ready. FDM told me it would be ready in 20 minutes, but didn't offer anything (upgraded room, free drink, pts, ect) for them not having my room ready. Not sure if the property was full, but it was crowded the night of my visit.

The commons areas (halls, elevators, ect) are pretty well worn which is nartual for a resort area with a zillion kids constantly on premsis. There are two large pools, two kiddie pools, at least one hot tub, and I think I spotted a water slide of some description. There is also an outside bar located between the two pools.

My room was in good condition and I slept well on the sleep number bed. Lighting was good and the room had a refrig (not sure if that's the case with all rooms) with two bottles of water. Bathroom is a little tight but for one person perfectly fine. If its you, the spouse, and a couple of rugrats you may want to book a larger room.

Madoline's Resturant offers breakfast. Food was ok. Nothing special. My room rate included free breakfast.

Had the bacon at breakfast been better and my check-in been smooth I would have given this property 3 dawgs.

As is: 2.5 dawgs

2. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    This property will undergo a complete inside/out rennovation beginning in Arpil 2012. The rennovation will likely last 6 to 9 months. New room interiors and HDTVs. It unlikely the bathrooms will magiclly become larger despite its location.

3. FIDELMCGOWAN

FIDELMCGOWAN New Member

Status Points:
    I found Radisson at a very reasonable price and stayed here for 3 nights. The rooms are big with large, double beds also with that the service was fantastic. Overall it was a great experience.

flyingdawg likes this.