Radisson Blue Bloomington MN: A few thoughts

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by mo26, Sep 29, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. mo26

mo26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just finished a stay at the new Radisson Blu at the Mall of America over in MSP. I wanted to post a few points I thought may be of interest to the MP readers.

For starters, I've never been a fan of pictures on trip reports, unless I felt the website was a little misleading on what to expect, i've always preferred to experience things first hand. That being said, I found this hotel to be accurately represented through its website.

Also, as a point of reference this is my third Radisson Blu stay (REK & SVO).

The hotel has a very European flavor in both layout and decor.

Room service was average in both experience and flavor (minor missteps like forgetting a set of silverware).

As a Gold member, I was upgraded to a "business" room that afforded me access to their top floor lounge. The lounge is open all weekend and provides light snacks, beer/wine in the evening's and a limited continental breakfast in the mornings.

Perhaps the one thing that surprised me given the hotels location and pricepoint is the fact that the airport shuttle only runs once an hour. Surrounding properties run 2-3 times per hour.

All things considered, I probably won't be returning to the property on a revenue rate, but utilizing the CC credit card and receiving two nights for 50k points, I was happy with the redemption.

- MO

legalalien, violist and uggboy like this.
  2. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:

There's a light rail stop next to the hotel in the mall parking garage; trains run every 10 min or so.

mo26 likes this.
  3. mo26

mo26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah I guess I should have included that in my post. I think I was just more surprised at the shuttle frequency without mentioning the other options.

-MO

4. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:

That is surprising indeed. I guess another option is to walk across the street to Country Inn and Suites. Theirs runs ever 30 min I believe. :)

mo26 likes this.