Radisson Blu to open first hotel in Slovenia

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by uggboy, Aug 4, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Radisson Blu to open first hotel in Slovenia

That's wonderful news, Ljubljana is a growing market for hotels with lots of potential for future growth. :)

Kalboz, MX and Newscience like this.
  2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    +1, uggboy! Have always had great experiences at the Radisson Blu hotels, and can highly recommend! :)

Kalboz, MX and uggboy like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same here, Radisson BLU offers some superb hotels and yes, we had so far many wonderful experiences while staying with them. Cheers. :)

Kalboz and Newscience like this.
  4. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    ... and we have about 450K Club Carlson points (along with Gold status) that we don't know what to do with!!! :confused:

5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    What an interesting "problem"....I guess you need some inspiration so that you will come up with a solution....how about the Radisson BLU in Phuket for a family holiday? http://www.radissonblu.com/resort-phuket Cheers Kalboz! :)

Newscience, Kalboz and iolaire like this.
  6. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Aspirational properties abound, the issue is that we travel as a family of 4 and their Gold status and award stays don't get you upgrades, breakfast, or lounge access ... we have to have booked club or suite rate which could be very pricy! Or, having the higher status which requires 75 nights per year!

Newscience and uggboy like this.
  7. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looking forward to hear what you will do with your points Kalboz! Cheers. As they say..."Where's a will, there's a way"....and points will help with this. However, sorry to hear that at least when you use points to redeem with them below "business class" or higher that "perks" aren't included beside the "free" room/rooms. Nevertheless, I hope you can use them, and use them to have a good time with you family. :)

Newscience and Kalboz like this.
  8. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Claimed to be in the top 3 for Best Hotel Rewards Programs by U.S. News Travel, I hardly see any value especially after the recent major devaluation: http://travel.usnews.com/Rankings/Travel-Rewards/hotel-rewards/?src=usn_tw

Maybe there are options for exchange to United miles or something! :confused:

9. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, we don't all travel with two kids in tow, so perhaps the value differs a bit based on your needs. I have gotten some decent value out of my recent redemptions. Needless to say, i do agree that the loss of the last-free-night benefit for card holders was bad, and I haven't put much spend on the card since then.

As for the article... Didn't read it, and if you have read some of my posts here about program awards and rankings, you might know how much faith I put into them.