Radisson Blu Ambassador Hotel, Paris Opera - Leaving July 1

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by KathInJax, Jun 29, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is being re-flagged as a Marriott.

http://news.marriott.com/2013/06/ma...wth-in-europe-with-iconic-hotel-in-paris.html

I just switched our reservations as we were supposed to be there in about a week or so. Club Carlson customer service does not seem to know anything about this and the hotel is still bookable on their website. The customer service rep told me that existing award bookings should continue to be honored if the hotel leaves the chain.

I contacted the hotel to see if they were honoring reward bookings. They told me that my reservations would be honored.

However, given what happened with the Hilton L'Arc de Triomphe hotel, our tight time frame, the lack of information at the Club Carlson level and the small number of award nights at the other hotels, I felt that it would be prudent to cancel and rebook.

I am not overly happy about that because we had to book an additional room and I am trying to see if Club Carlson will compensate us for some of the points.

SuperKirby and uggboy like this.
  2. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    @KathInJax, I think we're related...

KathInJax and uggboy like this.
  3. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just received a phone call from Club Carlson to let me know that my original reservations would be honored. Of course, we have already changed the reservation, do that is a moot point with us now. They are still looking to see if they will reimburse any points.