Races Requiring Doctor Approvals For Running?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Feb 6, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

I have run 40 marathons/ultra marathons over the last 8 years and have done so as an asthmatic. I have done the initial runs under the guidance and approval of my doctor given the fact that I do have exercise-induced asthma. My breathing has actually improved over the last number of years, which is fantastic. Medical Approval To Run Marathons Unfortunately, there are people that have had serious health conditions during races with some of those people even passing away during a race – including just before the finish line. It is such a tragedy whenever someone passes, especially unexpectedly, but to have that happen during an event that is actually helping people to be more heathy is sad as well. Most likely due to this increase of deaths in races (which, not to minimize one life, is still in the extremely small percentages compared to the people that run the races), some races have taken to requiring runners to get doctor approval before running a race. I first noticed... The post Races Requiring Doctor Approvals For Running? appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...