RA requalification?

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by man on the move., Nov 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. man on the move.

man on the move. Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone re qualified lately?

I was expecting it a couple of months ago, and just realized that my ra runs out in less than a week!

I have 88 qualifying paid nights in 4 different IC properties, I called and they said they are currently doing a review of ra re qualification criteria? And that I could call back on Thursday or Friday to find out if I made it or not.

Seems very strange

2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Strange... I wonder if they're changing the criteria and making some kind of announcement in December. It sort-of fits with the timeline.

man on the move. likes this.
  3. How many of your 88 nights were in IC's. My understanding of that rule is that its a minimum of 3 IC's but also 15 nights in total at an IC. I got my RA renewal with around 50 nights but at least 15 of those in IC's and probably a little more.

man on the move. and Rosalia like this.
  4. astraveln

astraveln Silver Member

Status Points:
    The change is that they are only reviewing 30 days out now...... Not sure why they would wait until a week before, but they are only sweeping the stays 1 month in advance.

5. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wishing you all the best, man on the move...one week? I just hope you will do it ! keep us informed.

6. man on the move.

Status Points:
    88 ic nights, plus about 15 other ihg property nights.... That is year to date, and not my membership year, which would add a few more...

We shall see...

Maybe I am moving to Hilton next year? After 6 consecutive years averaging just over 100 nights per year...

Rosalia likes this.
  7. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is not possible! they will surely renew your RA status, they must have forgotten you !

8. I would ask to speak with a manager based in NA or Europe and voice your concern. You are just getting the party line from a call center clerk.

man on the move. and Rosalia like this.
  9. man on the move.

Status Points:
    There is a new system coming in for ra. We shall see how it goes.

10. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    You are right, but how come others got the renewal one month before the end of their RA status?

11. man on the move.

Status Points:
    so today, i got a message that my ambassador was renewed, not "royal". But in my membership status it still says Royal Ambassador. Not sure why it happened on the last day of my membership, but it did.

When i spoke to customer service they explained that they are in the process of changing the process in which they award royal ambassador, and the changes will take full effect in Jan. I asked what the changes were, and he said that they were just different in that they will do an assessment on a less frequent basis, closer to the time of your renewal.

The welcome package is also changing in Jan. i was told not to expect my package until the end of Jan. I have a feeling that they are moving to a year end renewal date, just a gut feel.

We shall see how it goes.

TheBeerHunter likes this.
  12. man on the move.

Status Points:
    have you heard anything else?

Rosalia likes this.
  13. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the updated info. Since my RA year expires 1/31/13 I expect I'll get swept up in the "change" as well. Hopefully it's not a nail biter though.

Interestingly, there was a well regarded poster over on TOBB (MXM135) who posted back in summer that THEY were caught up in this very change, and that's why his/her own renewal didn't happen until the last moment, not unlike yours. Could PC be dealing with ongoing issues from their system upgrade this summer? I know I continue to not have any BOGO stays automatically post correctly -- although in 1/2 the cases this works in my favor...

Rosalia likes this.
  14. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello Man on the move!
    If you noticed in your PC activity "ambassador renewal", it does not mean you are not requalified as RA.
    Every year they mention it that way and the person remains Royal Ambassador. According to me, with all your 88 nights you must have been requalified.
    Other members got the same problem and already received their pack;..wait and see. Good luck!

15. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello Thebeerhunter, usually when you use a Bogo certificate, they just consider the first night as "qualified stay". OK?

16. As stated elsewhere my renewal notice came on Sept.30 and the renewal kicked in on October 31. The RA package arrived around the first ten days of November. By the way the points given with renewal were 10,000 as opposed to 5K last year.

Rosalia likes this.
  17. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Guinnessxyz, you always give good news...thanks a lot. I also noticed in my PC activity "Ambassador renewal" and this happened already last year and I am still RA.

18. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I know that. But the point being -- the last several BOGOs I've used have posted as non-qualifying -- so I've had to contact CS to get them to manually adjust it. However, in 1/2 those cases, they've done the adjustment to where it's actually been to my benefit, if you catch my drift. ;)

19. man on the move.

Status Points:
    The note changed in the last week to royal ambassador renewal?

Anyway, I am set for another year with at least 50 ic nights planned in the first 6 months

20. man on the move.

Status Points:
    the package arrived today, and my new renewal date is in December, somehow got an extra month...

21. airshadow
    Original Member

airshadow Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've never been an Ambassador, always just regular Platinum. I'm a few thousand shy of qualifying again for next year, although I have the PC Visa so it's no longer necessary.

Anyway, when I log in, I see the following language:
    "Only X more qualifying nights or X more points to maintain Platinum Ambassador for next year"

I seem to recall a similar glitch in previous years, but does anyone (who is not an Ambassador) see this too?