RA referral

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Rosalia, May 30, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got two referrals, referred one person and now another friend needs a referral. Could I refer two persons the same year with my own name twice?
    Thanks for the info.

GoodBoy and guinnessxyz like this.
  2. astraveln

astraveln Silver Member

Status Points:
    No, but the person you reffered can refer 1 person.(doesnt need to be their cert)
    IC only checks if you have already refered someone.....

In your case, the person that you referred can be the listed name for the referal on the cert.....

GoodBoy, Rosalia and guinnessxyz like this.
  3. +1

GoodBoy and Rosalia like this.
  4. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks a lot, guys...will surely follow your instructions.

GoodBoy likes this.
  5. man on the move.

man on the move. Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have done two before.

I requalified after being away for a while, then got another package 2 months later when my year renewed.

Matt

GoodBoy and Rosalia like this.
  6. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Manonthemove, you mean you referred yourself the same year two different persons?
    What should I do now?

7. Mcruler

Mcruler Silver Member

Status Points:
    No you cant refer twice! A friend also got 2 certs by mistake and they denied to process the second one. So only legitimate RAs who received a cert can refer somebody else - Only once a year!

8. astraveln

astraveln Silver Member

Status Points:
    Your friend should have looked for a referred RA to use their information to process the certificate.

If that extra certificate was given to a Referred RA......they could then refer someone..... This does work. No, 1 RA cant refer 2 people, that is correct. But if extra certificates are available, they can be used by a Refered RA to get someone else in.

Yes, this has been tested on 2 occasions that I know of.

IC allows each RA to refer(system doesnt track earned or referred), it is only an issue if you already refered someone. ie, those extra cert if obtained have value......

9. montacute
    Original Member

montacute Silver Member

Status Points:
    Warning: I am a referred RA and did not get an RA referral certificate as expected. When I called IHG to ask for it, they told me I am not supposed to get one because I was referred myself and only RAs that "earn" their status get referral certificates. I am pretty annoyed that they seem to be discriminating between earned and referred RAs now. :(

Rosalia likes this.
  10. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    in that case, what should i do? i can't refer myself two persons, and if my referred friend can't do it, how could we refer the other friend?

11. You are annoyed? Holy crap man, you got RA status for nothing and you still want someone else to get it for nothing.

Rosalia likes this.
  12. astraveln

astraveln Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you didnt understand my post, see my PM. You are fine and can use the extra certificate, I will explain. What you are asking is totally seperate from Montacute.

And to Montacute, if every referred person recieved a certificate......EVERY person would be an RA, it would be an endless cycle!!

Rosalia likes this.
  13. man on the move.

man on the move. Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I got two Certs, and referred two people

Rosalia likes this.
  14. montacute
    Original Member

montacute Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am annoyed yes. I didn't get it for nothing, I paid someone for my initial RA referral. My husband and I had been referring each other after that, so there was no danger of "everyone" becoming an RA.

15. The fact you paid privately for the referral doesn't make IC responsible to give you an additional one. IC doesn't know and doesn't care who or how you referred each other.They are still referrals.
    My apologies for thinking you were a male.

16. montacute
    Original Member

montacute Silver Member

Status Points:
    OK, I'm not going to argue this. For 3 out 4 times being a referred RA, this is my first time not getting a referral cert. I had an expectation I'd get another referral cert. For anyone out there that has the same expectation, be warned that IC is inconsistent.

17. Inconsistent or very aware that referrals are being sold at very high prices to people who really don't give them much business.