RA Experience IC Times Square (Points Stay)

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by studio253, Feb 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. studio253
    Original Member

studio253 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I spent three nights here last week using the sweet dilemma promotion. I was upgraded from double beds to a corner studio suite.

RA Benefits honored:
    minibar
    suite upgrade
    wifi OR 1 movie
    late checkout and early checkin

Amenities:
    Large bottle of Evian, requested this because I don't drink alcohol.
    Bowl of fruit
    Multiple different chocolates replenished daily from a company in Brooklyn.
    2 small bottles of Evian were replenished daily

The staff goes above and beyond for any requests that you may have. The only down side here was the Todd English restaurant Ca Va. The food and the service was just awful.

theskyflyer likes this.
  2. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's too bad about Ca Va. Do you think it's because it's so new yet, or is it really just bad?

Also interesting that they offer free wifi or the movie. I wish they'd stop charging for internet access [​IMG] but if they don't then this trade off is a great one to me -- I hardly ever watch the free in-room movie!

3. studio253
    Original Member

studio253 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The restaurant was empty but the food was still undercooked and the service was miserably slow. I don't hold out a lot of hope for this one.

4. CIPAS
    Original Member

CIPAS Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had lunch during my stay on 2010 Christmas and it was nice for me.
    Food was good, staff was nice.

5. echohorn
    Original Member

echohorn Active Member

Status Points:
    I was going to use a sweet dilemma night, and a paid night for a 2 night weekend stay later this month... any thoughts as to reserving the paid night first, then the SD, or vice versa? I'm just AMB....

6. CIPAS
    Original Member

CIPAS Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's always better to book paying nights first.
    Then they might let you keep upgraded rooms and other AMB benefits. (If they don't honor room upgrades or other benefits on award stays)

7. echohorn
    Original Member

echohorn Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! Thats what I was leaning towards too...

8. ag51
    Original Member

ag51 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Had two great reward stays there in December, with all RA benefits honoured - I'm not sure how long this will last though, once they are more established and have paying guests wanting those rooms.. I wouldn't worry about the restaurant - there can't be any IC hotel with so many different places to eat within a 10 minute walk (although I can't say I was impressed by the Shake Shack next door that so many people seem to rave about)..

9. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Never did get to the Shake Shack, mainly because I did not want to wait in the ridiculous lines

Tim O'Brien likes this.
  10. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    Had Shake Shack at 10pm, and it was great no line. I'd avoid the cheese fries (sauce is disgusting), but the fries were good.

11. top compton

top compton Active Member

Status Points:
    We are staying here in a few weeks for one night. My wife is a Priority Club platinum. Do we get any benefits from that or should be pay to join the RA program?

12. ag51
    Original Member

ag51 Silver Member

Status Points:
    PC Platinum won't get you anything at an IC hotel. You can't pay for Royal Ambassador (unless you buy a referal certificate from eBay) - you can buy Ambassador, which will cost $200 (or 32,000 PC points, if you have them). This gives you some benefits, including a 1 level room upgrade and late checkout. There is also a free weekend night certificate - if you are planning a future stay at an IC hotel, this alone may make it worth doing. Otherwise, for a 1 night stay here I probably wouldn't recommend it.

Full details of IC Ambassador are here. Whatever you decide to do, enjoy your stay - it's a great hotel.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/intercontinental/en/gb/amb/faq

Tim O'Brien likes this.
  13. EYK
    Original Member

EYK Active Member

Status Points:
    just got a triple upgrade on a sweet dilema night, stayed in the well appointed although small studio room.

14. Pete
    Original Member

Pete Silver Member

Status Points:
    RA benefits were honored on my recent award stay, although the room upgrade was only to a high floor "sky view" room and not to a studio/corner suite. Great hotel.

15. I have a stay this weekend and was asking about free wifi for RA's, as I'd recently been charged 25 euros at Frankfurt and Deborah in their reservations department said from March 1, all IC's will be offering RA's free wifi, i had heard about that previously but not of the commencement date. She spoke to her supervisor to check and confirmed that RA's do get free wifi at this property. And she also mentioned the free movie.