R, O, X and I buckets opened last night

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by redtailshark, Nov 29, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Across the board there was a sudden and notable improvement in award and upgrade inventory. I cleared a long-standing p.s. WL, found domestic TCON saver awards on many days when there was almost nothing for weeks before, etc. I am sure it can't only be on the routes I need. Just in case anyone reading this is on WL for R, or needs a saver award, check it now...

theBOAT and Newscience like this.
  2. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wonderful! Saver F opened up on an IAH-DCA flight we had booked in Y that's part of our SCL itinerary. The rest of the itinerary is booked in C/F, so now I can call and get the one Y segment changed to F.

3. Black Cloud
    Original Member

Black Cloud Gold Member

Status Points:
    No love here on a TCON redeye with an upgrade cert applied.

The app however is offering to upsell me Premier Access.

4. Steve GadFly
    Original Member

Steve GadFly Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have JFK-SFO with Teh Future Mrs. GadFly on 12/5 and every flight that whole day is F0. Good for UA for selling out F on every PS flight that day but it kinda sucks for us.

5. Black Cloud
    Original Member

Black Cloud Gold Member

Status Points:
    ps Inventory is very unreliable based on my experience. I think they do hold backs for corporate contracts, especially on a Friday.

Guaranteed you'll see inventory start opening up. But that's not to say you'll see an upgrade.

ssullivan and Garp74 like this.
  6. Steve GadFly
    Original Member

Steve GadFly Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'll let you know...if the RPU doesn't work, this upcoming trip and the JFK-LAX award in F that never opened up last week will be the first PS flights that have ever failed to be upgraded for me.

7. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

Status Points:
    They do some weird things with the ps availability, that's for sure. If you search for coach a week or two out and are using the "expert" mode, you'll notice that the BF fare classes are almost always zeroed out. Do the same search for a Business class seat and the BF fare classes show up correctly.