Quota for AAA rate rooms?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by HaveMilesWillTravel, Nov 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does Hyatt (Place) restrict the number of rooms it makes available with AAA rate discount? I just looked for a AAA rate next weekend and it told me "the special offer/rate you have requested is unavailable during the dates selected or is not offered at this property".

The Hyatt Daily Rate is available.

Incidentally, I just just cancelled a AAA room at that very property for the very same dates and just ran across this when playing with the new Hyatt iPhone app. Somehow I was under the impression that if a Daily Rate room was available, I could get it with a AAA discount.

2. I experienced the same when recently trying to make a reservation for a Hyatt Place in Atlanta for March 2012. When I called reservations I was informed there are limited rooms for the AAA rate.

3. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've seen this not only with the AAA rate, but when using certain corp codes.. One GM said that they restricted the use of some discounts so they could sell the majority of the rooms for a higher price..

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guess I'll be more aggressive in the future with "just in case" bookings.

5. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am under the impression that the AAA rates may not be offered during peak times ( major convention comes to town) or as a method to increase revenue. This is unfortunate, as the AAA rates can help save money and motivate one to book a stay with Hyatt.