Quirky SQ Website?

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer' started by FlyingFree, Jul 23, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. FlyingFree
    Original Member

FlyingFree Gold Member

Status Points:
    A few days ago, I had no problem booking SQ Suites Class LAX-NRT-SIN (connecting to PVG on a 777) with KrisFlyer miles.

But, in trying to research availability book a return flight (also using KrisFlyer miles) from PEK-LAX, SQ website will not allow it, as it claims this route involves "backtracking." I've tried this on several different computers and tried using a stopover on SIN as a work-around, but keep getting the same 'backtracking" message for any SQ US destination.

I'm assuming that the website is interpreting the PEK-SIN segment as "backtracking" but this is a published SQ route so you would think it would be allowed.

Short of calling SQ, any thoughts on how to work around this?

Thanks!

2. FlyingFree
    Original Member

FlyingFree Gold Member

Status Points:
    I will report back that the website issue was never resolved...even though it was a separate booking under my wife's Kris Fyer account, because our outbound was LAX-SIN-PVG, and for the inbound I needed to book PEK-SIN-LAX under my account, the SQ site was treating it like an illegal 'open-jaw' booking and the problem was never resolved. The good news is that after being persistent and calling several times, SQ made the booking over the phone and gave me the 15% online booking discount with no issue. Looking forward to round-trip in Suites Class, July 2015!