Quirky Redemption

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by manfromkrypton, Feb 7, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. manfromkrypton
    Original Member

manfromkrypton Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi All -

I have an interesting redemption question. I am trying to hit up the Grand Flora hotel in Rome in April. They don't have points available for all 7 nights I want to stay there. I want to arrive Sunday and leave Sunday. They have Sun, Mon, Tues, Fri and Sat available on points.

Is it possible to book Sun-Tues on points, then Wed-Thurs on cash, then Fri-Sat on points? If so how do I even do that?

Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Three separate reservations.

Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  3. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's not nice - since OP stays for 7 nights, if he makes a reservation for at least 5 nights he gets 1 night free.

If I were op I would book the nights available, and keep an eye on if there is any availability later, if so, I'll call MR to get them linked and then get 1 night for free.

MyTravels likes this.
  4. manfromkrypton
    Original Member

manfromkrypton Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just as an update - I called MR and they played around with their reservation systems - not sure what they did, because it took about 10-15 minutes, but they came back and let me know they were able to get me all 7 nights on points, even though the website was not showing the availability. Got 4 nights on points, 1 night free + 2 nights on points. I am a pretty happy guy right now :)

Counsellor likes this.
  5. B1BomberVB

B1BomberVB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Krypton, I'm happy they did that 4U, but I was going to ask whether the new Cash & Points online system would give the 1 extra free night (5 for 4) in this case!

6. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    It depends:

(a) If the same room type is availble all 7 nights, Yes. One reservation for the same room type can be a mix of points nights and cash nights. Call Marriott Reservations and ask them to book an award stay that is Points, Points, Points, Cash, Cash, Points, Points all on the same reservation. You can also use a discount code(s) on the Cash nights if you have some elegable disocunt.

(b) If the cash nights are a different room type then you need to see if you can pay to upgrade the award nights to the same room type.

(c) If you can't upgrade the award room night to the same room type as the paid nights, and especially if you have status, you should call the Gold/Platinum/PP desk at a time of day when they can conference in the hotel as the hotel may release standard room inventory or do a 7-night paid booking and then convert 5 of the nights to award nights.