Quiet airline flights? AirAsia X offers that

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Asia/Australia' started by sobore, Feb 5, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/02/quiet-airline-flights-airasia-x-offers-that--84868.html

The sound of a crying or screaming child on a long flight is a nightmare many have had to endure. But, one airline is trying to end that.
    AirAsia X, which primarily serves China, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea and Australia, launched a program this week to keep kids away from your peaceful flight.
    Children under age 12 are no longer allowed in the first seven rows on certain AirAsia X flights. The "Quiet Zones" on AirAsia X also have softer lighting, divider curtains and separate toilets.
    The peace and quiet comes at a price—you will pay between about 11 and 36 dollars for the privilege.
    A competing carrier, Malaysia Airlines, offers similar child-free zones in first class and the upper deck on Airbus A-380 flights.
    Read More: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/02/quiet-airline-flights-airasia-x-offers-that--84868.html

rwoman and uggboy like this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    :confused: Although, on my JFK-LHR flight after Christmas, it was the two grown men behind me that would not be quiet that were more disturbing than the child across the aisle...

sobore likes this.
  3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    ..often the case :(. Had an Aeroflot flight where the adults were boozed to the max and LOUD, kids were sitting quietly reading, coloring etc..:eek:

4. deliah

deliah New Member

Status Points:
    Yes yes i will pay the extra money to get away from the kids.
    re booze. Last Virgin flight I was on Perth to Darwin, at Darwin 4 cops came on and hauled off the bloke in front of me. Drugs or booze? he was behaving strangely, but not noisy.