Quick survey about American/US Airways merger

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by Lynda, Feb 19, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Lynda
    Original Member

Lynda Milepoint Staff

Status Points:
    Follow the link below to another quick survey at WebFlyer.com, a sister site to Milepoint. This time, it's about the upcoming US Airways/American Airlines merger.

http://webflyer.com/interactive/airpoll/

Thanks for taking the survey!

GoodBoy and gleff like this.
  2. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Your welcome Lynda but I didn't think it was a great survey- at least for me.

My biggest concerns are that like many (I think) it has been easy to accumulate BA Avios points and to also get a chunk of Star Alliance FF flights with my US Air miles. When this goes through, I'll have over 1,000,000 AA in OneWorld and very few Star Alliance. I think a very important question is how people feel about losing their mile access to Star Alliance partner flights!

Just my two cents.

GoodBoy likes this.
  3. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Thanks Lynda. We live with these merger rumors so long that the announcement is almost anti-climatic. As for the alliance, out of Colorado Springs not a single change comes to mind - plus or minus.

GoodBoy likes this.
  4. Slow_Mustang
    Original Member

Slow_Mustang Silver Member

Status Points:
    How I feel or how does it affect me has no bearing on the upcoming merger. Business world and the Govt. welfare departments work with different goals/objectives. When they are in the survival mode, what the corporations give, can be taken away with the snap of fingers.

GoodBoy likes this.
  5. Lynda
    Original Member

Lynda Milepoint Staff

Status Points:
    This poll is now closed and another is available at that same link.

GoodBoy likes this.
  6. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    The poll that's there now is about relative value of hotel versus airline programs. One problem with the survey is that the value is highly variable -- someone who redeems miles for domestic coach flights is getting a completely different value than someone using miles for international first class.