Quick Reply Not Automatically Showing Below

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by Rejuvenated, Oct 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Rejuvenated
    Original Member

Rejuvenated Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've noticed for the past week that on certain threads such as the Count Backwards from 123,456, the reply post doesn't appear on the bottom once the "post reply" button is clicked when I use the quick reply at the bottom of the page. I would have to refresh the page in order to see it. But for most of the other threads, I don't come across with this issue. Is there somehow an option where a poster can have the option of not seeing their new post appear automatically below per thread and that I might have accidentally clicked on this? :confused:

Gargoyle, msny, Chimpy and 1 other person like this.
  2. SQ LPP
    Original Member

SQ LPP Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you, Rejuvenated for posting the question which is bothering me for this past week.
    Yes, when I post in that thread now, I would not see my post, unless I refresh the page. It's a pain. :)

Gargoyle, msny, Chimpy and 1 other person like this.
  3. Rejuvenated
    Original Member

Rejuvenated Gold Member

Status Points:
    Still having this problem regardless of browser (FF, IE, etc). Could be a problem with the thread itself rather than our own end of the account.

msny, Chimpy and SQ LPP like this.
  4. SQ LPP
    Original Member

SQ LPP Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, perhaps the thread itself. Hope the expert will look into this soon.
    It deters me from posting more in that thread because usually I do that while doing multitask. :) Now I have to be careful, otherwise will make mistake.

msny, Rejuvenated and Chimpy like this.
  5. Chimpy
    Original Member

Chimpy Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is the same issue that the FL* had and a few others that have a lot of posts. It happens when the post count gets to a certain amount. I think the ony fix is closing the thread and starting again with a part 2:(

SQ LPP, Gargoyle, msny and 1 other person like this.
  6. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    looks like the bug hasn't been fixed yet. We ran into that in other threads somewhere around 62k posts or 2500 pages, there are other discussions here about it.

Any word from the Xenforo developers? They need to fix this, it's going to be appearing in other forums running on their software... we're probably just hitting them first here on MP as we stress test the system...

SQ LPP and Chimpy like this.