Questions re: same day turn mileage runs on CO/UA

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Almond, Mar 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Hey everyone.

I have an MR coming up at the end of the month flying all in the same day on 2 oneway tickets:

PHL-IAH 0532-0810
    IAH-PDX 0850-1118

PDX-IAH 1210-1809
    IAH-PHL 1920-2334

And I have the following questions:

1. Can I check in for all the flights in PHL and/or online? Is it okay to check in for my return even if I'm not physically at my destination yet?

2. In the case of IRROPS, would CO/UA reaccomodate me on the return even if it's on a different PNR? I know they don't technically have to, but have others been so lucky?

2. Xyzzy
    Original Member

Xyzzy Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can check in for each itinerary 24 hours in advance. While you may not be able t;) use a kiosk in PHL for your return check-in, an agent can certainly provide your return boarding pass. In the event of IRROPS on the outbound, you are technically not entitled to reaccommodation on the return. Agents are usually pretty good about allowing this, though, if you politely explain the situation.

Almond likes this.
  3. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It happened to me one time last year, and they take good care of me.
    I found UA Agent are very good working with us especially for 1K :)

4. Billiken
    Original Member

Billiken Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hopefully, you'll have no problems/irrops as you'll be dealing with CO agents.

5. WaterSki
    Original Member

WaterSki Silver Member

Status Points:
    I also hope the OP doesn't have any problems/irrops. As good as they may be, I don't believe CO agents have found a way to control the weather yet, nor are the CO agents responsible for maintaining the planes. :-P

6. Xyzzy
    Original Member

Xyzzy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've had g:cool::cool:d luck with CO agents in these situations. Sometimes one has to point out the obvious, that the misconnect is due to irrops on their airline. Be calm and polite and you'll be fine.

7. ConciergeMike
    Original Member

ConciergeMike Silver Member

Status Points:
    Same day turns are fun. The peoplewatching really can't be beat.

8. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
  9. misman
    Original Member

misman Gold Member

Status Points:
  10. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    True, true. It's not a big deal if it happens when you're boarding the aircraft, as the GA can quickly look you up by name or seat, but annoying when it happens at security (which should be a non-issue for the OP at PDX). I have been made to go back and get a paper BP when a scanner was down at LGA once. At ORD, only once was a scanner not working (and I use mobile BP 95% of the time). Fortunately, he was only about 10' away from another doc checker, so he sent me over there, where the scanner did work.

11. jason8612
    Original Member

jason8612 Gold Member

Status Points:
    agree. I had IRROPS many times and agents always helped me even on different itins

Skyvillager and karung99 like this.