Questions re: Qatar Airways first class

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Middle East/Africa' started by Lucky, Feb 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Lucky
    Original Member

Lucky Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'll be flying Qatar Airways first class next week from London to Doha and then Doha to London, and had a couple of questions since I'm a QR newb:

1) Does QR offer PJs to first class passengers? I know it's a minor question, but it'll have an impact on what I wear when I board (dress up a bit more if there are PJs, not so much if there aren't).
    2) It seems that they have the chauffeur service for first class passengers traveling to European destinations. Does that apply both upon arrival and on departure? If it applies upon arrival, do they drive you to the main immigration area, or is there a separate immigration area for premium passengers?

Thanks for any insight! Really looking forward to trying a new airline, for once.

2. They do not provide you with PJs, as for immigration... Nope no seperate que there. But yea you got a private chauffeur service. Its basically a driver with a town limo :)

3. LXofSweden
    Original Member

LXofSweden Silver Member

Status Points:
    Lucky,

As I'm working my way up the status ladder of QR, I wouldn't mind hearing more about how the flight went.

Cool blog, by the way!

4. HereOrThere

HereOrThere Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm sorry this doesn't answer your question specifically but QR is offering PJs for business class travel from IAD to DOH. They used to provide just a shirt but now they are offering both shirt and pants. The amenity kit changed a little too. Now instead of getting the toothbrush in the kit, they are making them available in the bathrooms.

As for immigration, they are also handing out 'fast track' coupon cards with the boarding pass. I'm not sure how well it actually works since our organization has been hiring the Al Maha service to expedite immigration.