Questions asked by banks

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by andhoova, Jun 7, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. andhoova

andhoova Silver Member

Status Points:
    Getting ready for my 2nd AOR, roughly 95 days since my first one. How do you answer questions regarding the number of open accounts? I have the Chase Marriott, Chase British Airways and Chase United. Should I expect them to ask questions regarding why I also want the Chase Sapphire?

2. inception85

inception85 Active Member

Status Points:
    I dont think banks other than Barclays ask about open accounts a lot, but I think it is easy to answer if you have those 3 and want SP: Flexibility. If I were you I would say I really love my 3 Chase cards, but the problem with having those 3 is they are not the same currency and cannot be transferred to each other. Sapphire Preferred gives you the flexibility to earn points together and be able to transfer to all of them. Plus, SP is also good for general travel expenses, you can say if you want to travel with another airline or hotel (AA, Starwood) you would also wanna use a chase card to cover so you get earn rewards. I think Chase would love to here that. Hope this helps...

rockyrock likes this.
  3. andhoova

andhoova Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great info, thanks for the help!