Questions about applying for SW Airlines cards

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by joannelj, Jan 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. joannelj

joannelj Active Member

Status Points:
    Lots of people say they are applying for a personal SW card and a business SW card to get 100,000 points (almost enough for a companion pass.)

I don't have a business, so I'm trying to figure out other options. I can apply for a personal card. And my mother can apply for a personal card. Will that work? Can we use my southwest rapids rewards number on both applications? Or does the rewards number have to have the same name as the person applying for the credit card?

Also, does anyone know how much income you need to have to get approved for the premier version? Credit score is no problem...

Thanks,
    JoAnne

2. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are mostly negative reports of putting your RR number in someone else's application. I say think broader about a business you could do. Sell things on eBay, Etsy, etc....? I'm certainly not advocating pretending to have a business you don't have - just think a little deeper about the things you already do - or could do. ;)

YULtide likes this.
  3. joannelj

joannelj Active Member

Status Points:
    Don't you have to give them a tax ID number for a business application?

What sort of negative things can happen by using my number in someone else's application?

Thanks!!

YULtide likes this.
  4. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    The tax ID for a sole proprietorship is your social security number so that is never a problem.

By putting an incorrect RR number you risk losing all points that you have in the program. Not worth the risk.

5. joannelj

joannelj Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the info! I guess I'll try to figure out how to be a business...

mommypoints likes this.
  6. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm in a similar boat as the OP. I certainly have "business ideas", and legit ones... but they currently don't exist and as such would have an income of "zero". Long term, even, they might have income of zero. The justification for using a business card - especially a business travel card - would be travel to conferences for networking and such for consulting services. It's the "zero net" part that worries me... even selling stuff on etsy, there's probably a small, provable net. The startup idea is real, and even something that I'm considering, but there's 100% nothing to show for it at this point. Is that problematic?

7. fewtreezy

fewtreezy Active Member

Status Points:
    Don't worry about it, I haven't netted anything from my business (yet, hopefully) and after 5 minutes of discussing my plans they approved me. Just think about what you are going to say. They asked me how I was going to make money, is this a line of work I've been in before, etc.

8. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    so the 50k business is still available, yes? gf was approved for personal late last year but not business. would love to try for the business again to get that 110k mark.

9. fewtreezy

fewtreezy Active Member

Status Points:
    When did the 50k post to her account? Hopefully January. Yes, biz is still available. Got mine yesterday and confirmed 50k bonus.

mrredskin likes this.
  10. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    i told her to not even look at it until jan 1 of this year. i think she used it once about 3 weeks ago and parked it. i'll take her out to a nice dinner tomorrow :)

fewtreezy likes this.
  11. fewtreezy

fewtreezy Active Member

Status Points:
    Just make sure you use her credit card. Tell her it's for points. I hear that works really well.

mrredskin likes this.
  12. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    haha, nice! but definitely won't fly! it's at a sheraton, so after the livingsocial discount, i'm taking the receipt to the desk to get my *points!

fewtreezy likes this.