Questions about AAdvantage? Ask their President in a special live chat on milepoint

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by milepoint, Apr 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. milepoint

milepoint Admin

Status Points:
    We are thrilled to launch the "A Conversation with ..." live chat series with the leader of the program that started it all. Maya Leibman, President of the American AAdvantage frequent flyer program, will join us on May 4 for what promises to be an engaging and informative discussion about the 30th anniversary of the AAdvantage program and its role in the next 30 years of the industry.
    Maya will be answering questions from milepoint members throughout the live chat. Members can ask questions beforehand and ask questions during the live conversation.

To learn more about the event and sign up for a reminder:
    milepoint.com/link/?4513

To just look at the questions submitted by members:
    milepoint.com/link/?4551

Horse, viguera and DeltaExpert like this.
  2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Looking forward to asking questions about BA YQ and any anticipated changes to redemption rates.

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    Maya may need more than just one day. :D

miamigrad and jbcarioca like this.
  4. demkr
    Original Member

demkr Silver Member

Status Points:
    If we are unable to attend the chat, will there be a transcript posted?

Eloy Fonseca Neto and jbcarioca like this.
  5. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Probably better to post the question here and "reply" directly to MilePoint's name so they get notified you've asked a question related to the implementation of the chat rather then a question for Maya.

6. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Not news since it's been posted elsewhere, but just as a heads up, AA is marketing this event directly. Just received my "invite" today:

[​IMG]

We might see an influx of new members here on the AA forum....

Cholula likes this.
  7. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got the same invitation!

8. Not really about AAMiles. Any possibility oneway tickets overseas will have the same status and pricing as domestic oneway tickets? I was forced to book on Delta from Boston to London and back. Hate their seats and would love to be able to buy a oneway ticket without such a huge penalty.

9. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Hey Alaskabrad, welcome to MP! :)

Unfortuantely I don't think your problem is exclusive to American. It's pretty standard for airlines to charge high prices for a one way ticket, and that applies to the domestic market a lot of the time, too. Your best bet is to poke around on to see what the best price is for you. Try Itasoftware.com, I've found some good fares there.

Good luck with your ticket search and hope you find time to continue visiting MP!

10. I have just noticed that the time is 7pm MDT. Clearly someone has not thought this through as many of us are travelling in Europe. So it will be 2 am and we are NOT going to stay up for this. A time that encompassed both the US and Europe should have been decided with this in mind, it clearly has not.

11. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    AA also flies massive amounts of people to South America and Asia, and provides code shares for its customers in Australia and Africa. Realistically, they weren't going to be able to schedule it at a time when everyone of their customers could participate. The 8 PM CDT time finishes about an hour after the typical work day on the west coast ends, which probably gives them the largest audience they could get. The good news is that a transcript of the event will be kept and posted! :)

12. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    What's the ZULU time for it? 11PM or 12AM???

13. Thanks, I never got a reply to my first earlier post............