Question - Upcoming SPG Stay

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by 787Flyer, Aug 8, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. 787Flyer

787Flyer New Member

Status Points:
    What would happen if I booked a C&P Rate that included Breakfast for the first night and then I booked three revenue nights after that C&P Rate. I would assume that I wouldn't get Breakfast for the remainder of the stay but that it depended on the property.

I assume SPG Gold doesn't really get Upgrades (but then again totally dependent on the property)?

I'm looking at the Le Méridien Ile Maurice for 4 nights in November.

Thanks!

2. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    i think you are right, if your revenue stays doesn't include breakfast, then i think you would need to pay for breakfast as an add-on

SPG Gold gets "enhanced rooms", ie corner room, higher floor, better view,, not necessarily better rooms, and subject to availability according to the T&Cs, so dependent on property in interpretation and application of this benefit

Sammich and Flyer1976 like this.
  3. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:

Thanks Terry!

The C&P offer with breakfast is pretty attractive at 3,500 Points & $55 per night at this Le Meriden. :)

Sammich likes this.
  4. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
  5. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
  6. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    oh you didn't ? Don't kick yourself, it seems SPG didn't email everyone about it, but worth a try, you may get lucky and qualify for a Cat 1-6 cert !

Sammich likes this.
  7. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    this probably also means i spend (far) too much more time trawling the blogs than you, to have heard about this ahead of you :p

8. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just like Terry said, no breakfast if not specified in the room rate. However, I have seen an exception at Sheraton Maldives, where a breakfast buffet was included in the room rate but never written on the site. So it never hurts to ask the property!

In terms of SPG gold upgrades...don't count on it mate. I've only gotten one gold upgrade throughout the whole year I was SPG Gold. Who knows, you might be lucky :)

9. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't know why you would expect to get free breakfast for the nights when your rate doesn't include breakfast.

For the record, Golds get "enhanced" rooms in the same category as what was booked. Sometimes this means newly renovated rooms, rooms on a higher floor, but it does not include corner rooms or a better view if these rooms are considered to be a different category.

Sammich likes this.
  10. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    :(

11. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    don't worry, you've got plenty of company i believe ;)

alfagirl, Flyer1976 and Counsellor like this.
  12. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    It's unlikely you'll get breakfast for all of the days, but it is property specific. A good number of SPG properties hand out breakfast cards with the dates they're applicable.

It's been a number of years since I was SPG Gold. I did get some upgrades, but I think overall SPG is less generous with upgrades today than 5 years ago. You could always try reaching out to the property directly and ask. That's usually the highest percentage play.