Question: Royal first class seat selection

Discussion in 'Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus' started by Chimpy, Oct 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Chimpy
    Original Member

Chimpy Gold Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I are flying from BKK to SYD next year in first class on an A340-600. I made the booking through Krisflyer but I did get the Thai airways reservation code. I have been into the TG site to check my booking and to choose my food but I can not find anywhere to select the seats. Am I blind or is this option not available? Perhaps I am just used to the easy seat selection on SQ.

As you can guess this is my first time flying TG.

Thanks in advance.

Kalboz, Tenmoc, SQ LPP and 6 others like this.
  2. catgirl
    Original Member

catgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi Chimpy,

The only thing I could do on the TG site was pre-order a meal with my booking #. I had to call and request seats for my HKG-BKK and BKK-DXB flights. After I spoke with TG and they assigned me seats, I could see them when I used my booking #.

Kalboz, Tenmoc, SQ LPP and 5 others like this.
  3. Chimpy
    Original Member

Chimpy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for that catgirl:)

4. catgirl
    Original Member

catgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anytime, Chimpy! I was able to secure seat 1K for HKG-BKK. Looking forward to sitting in the nose of a 747. :)

5. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    iolaire, Kalboz, Tenmoc and 7 others like this.
  6. catgirl
    Original Member

catgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the email address.. Never know when it will come in handy while traveling. :)

Kalboz, Tenmoc, SQ LPP and 4 others like this.
  7. Chimpy
    Original Member

Chimpy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for your help and ideas, I just phoned TG and the call went through to Brisbane. No overseas call centre, and the lady on the phone could not have been more helpful. A pleasant surprise after being used to the SQ call centre, where they do try to help but sometimes I can't understand what they are saying.

SASDC8, Kalboz, Tenmoc and 5 others like this.
  8. Chimpy
    Original Member

Chimpy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks gleff for the email address, it was your trip report that inspired me to take this flight in the first place. I made sure that I have 5 hours layover after I land from Phuket:).

9. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think even for TG paid reservation, seat selection is not possible on the TG website once you have purchased the ticket. I always have to do it by phone when I want a different seat than the one I choose when I purchase the ticket.

Quite troublesome, but the person on the other line is usually very friendly and helpful so I don't mind :)

lwkatya, Kalboz, uggboy and 3 others like this.
  10. SASDC8

SASDC8 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I never had any problem selecting seats on paid international tickets on TG. Domestic flights a whole different animal.

Usually (not every time though for some odd reason) TG even allows me to change my original seat booking when flying paid business/first on long haul flights :)

Kalboz and Chimpy like this.
  11. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can you change the original seat booking online though?

I can always check my booking online, but can't see the link or where to change my orginal seat assignment online. I always have to do it by phone.

Kalboz, lwkatya and Chimpy like this.
  12. SASDC8

SASDC8 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I did change from 1A to 1K on a BKK-FRA flight a couple of years ago, but when I enter thaiairways.com now it seems I can only view my seat choices for the first class cabin :confused:

Before you could monitor the whole cabin and were people was seated (not just yourself), with the same overlook of the cabin as you get when you choose your seats at booking.

Strange if you ask me. I don`t understand why they have changed this function?

Kalboz, Chimpy and cennas like this.
  13. Rejuvenated
    Original Member

Rejuvenated Gold Member

Status Points:
    Neither could my TA (whom I booked through) do the seat selections for my flights back in July. Had to call TG office in HK to do it.

Kalboz likes this.
  14. cvarming
    Original Member

cvarming Silver Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I are booked in first class on the 777-300. What are the best seats for couples? Is it possible to see each other in the middle seats?