Question regarding reservation

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by DebraI, Aug 13, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. DebraI
    Original Member

DebraI Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm trying to be general here, just in case CC gets wind of what I'm trying to do. I was booked to stay at a hotel (two stays booked) later this year, and that hotel is leaving the Club Carlson brand. I was booked on an award stay at the lowest category (9,000 pts/night), and have been rebooked to a 'nicer' hotel that is a category 4 (38,000/points per night). So what CC did was took the 38,000 points per night out of my account and then did a separate adjustment giving me points back for the difference(29,000 per night).

Because the hotel they 'upgraded' me to is not too nice, and there is another CC hotel in town that is much better (at higher points), I'm thinking that I should be able to cancel the reservations and get all of the Cat. 4 points back and then use those points to book the Cat. 5 hotel (thereby getting a really nice hotel for 15,000/points per night... basically my original Cat. 1 points and the difference between 4&5). I'm wondering in theory if this sounds like it would work, as the booking and correction were separate entries in my CC account. I'm worried about risking the move, but I really don't want to stay at the hotel they booked me in.

Thoughts?

Thanks everyone!

Deb

2. lapointdm

lapointdm Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sounds risky. I don't think I would do that. I might call them and ask if they would shift it to the other hotel instead. Asking nicely might get better results than just trying it.

Jenny & Curt likes this.
  3. DebraI
    Original Member

DebraI Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good advice, thanks.