Question regarding multiple car rentals- keeping a rental car at one location and renting at another

Discussion in 'National | Emerald Club' started by mht_flyer, Aug 19, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've never needed to do this, but I have a extended rental in SEA area.

For the weekend, I'm flying to BOI to visit a college buddy. Does National have any issues with reserving another car at another location (and keeping the original one in SEA, I was planning in parking at the SEA parking garage)?

I just wasn't sure if National would have any issues with this

Many thanks.

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    All of my experiences doing this are with other companies, so no direct answer. But... I would make sure I had a backup reservation with another car company, just in case National balks. I think backup car reservations are a good idea in general, but this case seems particularly worthy of making the effort.

mht_flyer likes this.
  3. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have done this a number of times before and didn't have any problems I would preface this to say that it was a few years ago.
    I suggest you call them tell them exactly what you are trying to do and ask If they have any problems with it. I have the Emerald Club CSRs to be quite helpful.,

mht_flyer likes this.
  4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would also look into whether my insurance (personal or credit card) covers more than one vehicle at a time.

mht_flyer likes this.
  5. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks all.... Well for me I guess it was a false alarm, I was just told I don't need a car this weekend.

That said, I'm going to ask National for their policy on this none-the-less because I can see this happening again in the future.

jbcarioca likes this.
  6. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    National does not mind; I have done that several times under similar circumstances. However, sometimes you may have an issue obtaining credit for both rentals. Both with National and with Starwood i have and them try to give credit for only a single transaction, not both. However, explaining the circumstances has had both relent and give credit for both. Count on national to explain that they are making an exception. For Executive or above they seem to relent, as both my colleagues and i have experienced.

mht_flyer likes this.