Question on Chase Ultimate Rewards

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by txhooper, Aug 23, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. txhooper

txhooper New Member

Status Points:
    First time poster here and I have about a thousand questions. But I'll start out with just this one.

I am considering applying for Chase Freedom and Unlimited. I don't have a CSP or CSR, but I do plan on applying to these later. I understand I cannot transfer 1:1 with travel partners if I don't have a CSP or CSR. My question is, can I still earn ultimate rewards with Freedom/Unlimited without a CSP/CSR. Once I get a CSP/CSR, I would like to combine the reward points I have saved from Freedom/Unlimited with bonus points with CSR/CSP.

2. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can earn points, and after you get the CSP or INK Card you can move them,

I would apply for the CSP or INK First...

Put your best foot in the door first, if their is a problem then go for the Freedom, much easier to get...

Just my thoughts, I do not have a Freedom card, , also open a cheeckingbaccountbwith Chase if possible, keep a little skin in the game...It is nice to have a local banker in your corner ...

edekba likes this.
  3. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    yes as long as you don't redeem the points you earned from the Freedom/FU once you get a premium card (CSP/CSR/IP) you can transfer them to partners.

satman40 likes this.
  4. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Any other questions, are you still out there,,