Question for those with the Sapphire Preferred

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by aviator8, Oct 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. aviator8

aviator8 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I did an apporama, and she got the "we will let you know: screen on the sapphire preferred app. She went out of town for a few weeks (philippines ie no internet access). I logged into her accounts today and I see that she was approved as there is a sapphire account there now.

Now this is the logo that appears
    [​IMG]

I am just being impatient i guess but it doesn't say preferred. Does that mean she was approved for the lower very unappealing offer of the no fee card? Do those of you with the sapphire preferred have this logo or do you show one with the word preferred?

If she was approved for the no fee card what is the chance of her talking them into giving her the preferred card instead?

2. VeryGoodPoints

VeryGoodPoints Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a preferred card and online I see the same logo you posted. Call to confirm?

edekba and aviator8 like this.
  3. aviator8

aviator8 Silver Member

Status Points:

cool that makes me feel better. I can't call as they won't give me information on her account, and I can't fake a female voice very well. She hates doing these calls, and with the poor reception she has in the Philippines calling back here it would be a chore so she definately won't do it if I ask her to.

VeryGoodPoints likes this.
  4. iterfacio12

iterfacio12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just have her give them a call via Skype (or similar asset) to give them your name, SSN, and permission to request info regarding her account. That's worked before with me and my SO.

aviator8 likes this.
  5. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's tough to call Chase or other banks using Skype due to fraud which is why I use my cellphone.

She was most likely approved since accounts only show up when approved. I'm a CSP cardholder and only see the Chase Sapphire logo not Chase Sapphire Preferred.

6. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mine is a preferred card but shows the same online. You're fine.

7. aviator8

aviator8 Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks for the replies. Based on this feedback I think she was approved for what she applied for. I was just getting anxious that they may have pulled the bait and switch. No we have to meet out hefty spend on our apporama. 8 cards approved 12K longest spend 4 months. a few one way amazon payments should relieve some of that. I am having to research that now as I have never done it, and do not want to incurr the wrath of cardinal fang

8. rodeojones

rodeojones Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just did my first one last night. Amazon CS told me I was limited to a maximum of $1000.00 per month when using a credit card to transfer funds. Their rates are here for recieving (no fee for sending). https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sd...ng-Managing-Your-Account/Amazon-Payments-Fees

Edit to add: I sent the funds to my son for a trip and he will pay me back later. I just had him check his Amazon Payment account and after transferring the funds to his checking account, there were no fees accrued. I had no fees either.

So far so good!!

9. aviator8

aviator8 Silver Member

Status Points:
    crap, when did they add fees into the mix? I though person to person transfers were fee free when choosing payment for goods and services.

10. aviator8

aviator8 Silver Member

Status Points:
    looking at this I believe these fees are to payments made to business accounts. I think personal to personal is fee free.

11. rodeojones

rodeojones Silver Member

Status Points:
    I edited my post probably while you were posting. ;) Your right...no fees for either my son or I. AP great way to assist with meeting spending limits. :thumbsup:

aviator8 likes this.
  12. iterfacio12

iterfacio12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmm, really. I've lived outside the states (Germany, Middle East, South Korea) for over five years in the last seven, and I usually always use Skype. I've never had a problem, though they do ask several confirming questions (SSN, security question, phone password, etc.).

13. aviator8

aviator8 Silver Member

Status Points:
    my wife probably could, but getting a reliable internet connection where she is is a problem. Also she won't do it even if I ask :)

14. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just make sure that you never send money back to the person who gave you an Amazon Payment. That's an easy way to get your accounts closed.

i.e, if you send money to your son, don't have your son send money back to you. He can send $ to someone else though.

15. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Or use Bank Transfers to send it back ... (AP -> Son; BT -> Back)

And I have to same logo as you and everyone else that has said so on this thread.

servo46250 likes this.
  16. rodeojones

rodeojones Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm aware of that...thanks though!:)

17. Stils

Stils Silver Member

Status Points:
    Any luck with sending it to a third person who can send it back to you? Me->Brother->Wife->Me

Like if my brother wanted to borrow $500 and then wanted to pay me back a month or two later. Instead of sending it right back he could send it to my wife's account who could either credit our (joint) bank account or send it to my amazon payments.

18. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You got it. There's still a risk but it is much lower than A -> B - > A

miles and smiles likes this.
  19. snuggliestbear

snuggliestbear Active Member

Status Points:
    I usually just use 2 bank accounts. It goes me-my wife-our savings account with one bank-our checking account with another bank. I haven't done it a ton yet, but it works for us!

Stils likes this.
  20. whkento
    Original Member

whkento Gold Member

Status Points:
    I realize that it's veering off topic, but...

Holy carp! That Amazon Payments thing looks awesome! Why haven't I heard of it sooner?!

I'm thinking it could be a great way to transfer funds internationally, which usually incurs a cost. (I live in Japan, but have to make payments in the USA.) Any thoughts? Is there a good source for info on this?

Again, sorry it's off topic.

21. traveler
    Original Member

traveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    here is a link to one of the better explanations...
    http://www.noobtraveler.com/amazon-payments-help-with-meeting-minimum-spends/

whkento likes this.
  22. whkento
    Original Member

whkento Gold Member

Status Points:
  23. Dad to GO

Dad to GO Silver Member

Status Points:
    You know I have been transferring back and forth every month between my dad and myself. What I think is that less is more... meaning don't do the full $1000 every month but keep changing it for different (realistic) amounts. Don't always do an even number like $600... add those random cents to it and always make sure you have a good description. We've been doing this since the program started and haven't had one problem yet. It's all about flying under the radar and NOT attracting attention.

rodeojones likes this.