question for delta skymile credit card holders

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by mykid, Jul 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. mykid

mykid Member

Status Points:
    I am planning to apply for the delta skymile credit card. Can someone tell me what the point levels are to redeem for gift cards for dining ? ex oliver garden, fridays etc ... used to be 5000 pts for $50 or 2500 pts for $25 card but that was awhile ago. Also how many points to redeem for an amex cash card. I can't see the redemption levels since I don't have the credit card yet. Thanks in advance for your help

2. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    Specifically which cc are you talking about? I have the AE DL plat and it doesn't appear it is eligible for MR (I just got it so don't know all the ins and outs yet).

3. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was able to look at the point levels though and for example there was a $25 Chili's for 2,500 points and 5k points would get you a $25 AE gift card. It appears you earn MRs with unbranded cards.

4. mykid

mykid Member

Status Points:

5. mykid

mykid Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the info, I'm applying for the delta gold skymile card, not the plat card. In your example, I'm trying to find out if it would still be 2500 pts for a $25 chili's gift card for someone who has the gold skymile card.

6. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    if you're looking at redeeming for gift cards, you would be better served by applying for a chase sapphire or citi thankyou card