Question: Applying for a Business CC

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by James, Jul 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. James

James Active Member

Status Points:
    Can someone please let me know what needs to be done to attain a business credit card? I am sure many of you have your own businesses, but I wonder if anyone incorporates their own small business just to apply for business credit cards. What is the process like?

2. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You could always just use your name and SS number and be acting as a consultant.

3. dgreen12
    Original Member

dgreen12 Silver Member

Status Points:
  4. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    A lot depends on what you are looking to do with the card, and if you're looking for a reward card or low-interest card.

Most of those concerns are things that should *not* be an issue for people using rewards cards appropriately. If you're paying in full each month, these things are not an issue. If you aren't, you should probably be looking for low interest rates, not mile-earning, as your primary concern.

5. James

James Active Member

Status Points:
    Helpful, thank you. I pay in full every month and am looking for the bonuses.

6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Based on the way the OP is asked, I'd suspect the goal is to earn a sign-up bonus and then park the card in the drawer until it's canceled. :D

James likes this.
  7. jeff4jojo
    Original Member

jeff4jojo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think the previous reviewers missed your point. I believe you don't really have a business with a tax i.d. or a corporation, legally. So, you want to know how to get a business card in your circumstance in order to get the bonus points. No problem. When asked for your tax id it gives you the opportunity to put in "sole proprietor" , so you always put that in. You can call yourself a consultant, or a salesman of vitamins and supplements, or whatever. you will be issued a card as long as your credit is good and you have a social security number. But, as others state, beware of the pitfalls of a business card as they fall in the loophole of consumer protections laws that now cover personal cards. So, I use mine, pay off every month and that is what I do.

James likes this.