Question: Any all-inclusive resorts available with points?

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by alohastephen, Jun 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    Kalboz likes this.
  2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Not these properties in particular though I admit that Sandals, Couples, Secrets, etc. don't really do it for me.

There are plenty of all-inclusive options available, or semi-available, through traditional miles and points programs. E.g.

Marriott Rewards offers inclusive rewards in the Caribbean and Latin America at six properties:
    http://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/morepack.mi

Hyatt Gold Passport offers Passport Escape awards which include breakfast and some dinners as part of award stays:
    http://www.hyatt.com/gp/en/awards/hyatt_free_night.jsp

There are some Priority Club properties which are all-inclusive, those generally go for an incremental 10,000 points per night if I recall correctly.

Are the Starwood hotels in the Poconos all inclusive? http://poconos.destinations.starwoodhotels.com/

3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know PC has all-inclusive redemoptions in Cancun and Puerto Vallarta, maybe Aruba?

Kalboz, alohastephen and Mikel like this.
  4. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, but are any of these luxury hotels? Like Gleff, this type of property doesn't float my boat but I would think the only luxury hotels that are close to all-inclusive are the health resorts such as Canyon Ranch and Miraval.

Kalboz, alohastephen and Mikel like this.
  5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Out of curiosity, I looked at the Poconos link and these hotels look tacky. I also noticed that there's no obvious definition of what's included. My best guess is that it's only half board, perhaps with some supplements for special meal nights such as steak, without (alcoholic) beverages. I'm shocked that this stuff is in SPG, although the heart-shaped tubs and full board seem to be standard for "resorts" in this area.

Kalboz, alohastephen and RichardInSF like this.
  6. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am not really interested in these type of properties at all- I assume they do appeal to certain customers as they seem to be busy- however like Club Med type operations I would say "avoid,avoid,avoid". In terms of an all-inclusive which is super nice- the Four Seasons Tent Camp north of Chiang Rai is absolutely amazing- I guess you could stay there using the "anytime, any hotel, anywhere" awards from Priority Club if you really wanted to use points- It is 225,000 BHT+++ for 3 nights- with taxes ~7K Euros- so you would need a boatload of points.

Kalboz, alohastephen and RichardInSF like this.
  7. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    MMmm.. Four Seasons Tented Camp... there was a pricing glitch that sadly wasn't honored there a couple of years back, I sure would have loved to have experienced that place.

Kalboz, alohastephen and TRAVELSIG like this.
  8. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, they are only loosely in SPG. The couples-only Cove Haven Entertainment properties were once part of Caesars, and Caesars was once part of Sheraton ITT. Caesars (Vegas, etc.) was sold, but the Poconos properties were retained. For a while, they even still had the Caesars name. If you check out their dedicated website and their Facebook pages, you'll see that they have a pretty dedicated audience of honeymooners and return guests. Breakfast and dinner is included daily. Alcohol is not included, however soda, juice, coffee and tea are included during breakfast and dinner. IIUC, lunch is usually additional but is sometimes included for certain promos.

No, they don't fit the "luxury hotel" definition that most of this forum's members generally hold. All three resorts are AAA 3-diamond. But IMO, this is good revenue for Starwood and most SPG members don't even know that they exist.

SPG recently had another all-inclusive resort join the program: The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal, Costa Rica. Category 6, but no "standard" rooms. Alcohol and all meals are included, IIUC.

I suspect that The Veranda, Turks & Caicos, (in the OP's article) would satisfy many here as a luxury hotel. And FWIW, Sandals Royal Plantation (also in the OP's article) is a AAA 5-diamond resort. I believe that the article's introduction is about the former Four Seasons Resort Great Exuma which is now Sandals Emerald Bay.

Kalboz and alohastephen like this.
  9. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
  10. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! I like that they spell out exactly what is "all inclusive" and what is not.
    All Inclusive Policy

The following services are included in the rate:
    • Accommodations
    • Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
    • All alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks in our selected bars and restaurants
    • Complimentary minibar on arrival day with soft drinks, juices, bottled water
    • (Other days, the spare is an additional charge)
    • 24-hour Room Service (Additional Charge)
    • Non-motorized water sports
    • Use of gym
    • Use of the tennis courts
    • Table games coordinated by our activities department
    • Bellboy and waitress gratuity
    • Government taxes and service charge
    • Kids Club (ages 4 - 11 years)
    • Teens Club (from 12 years)
    • Nightly Shows
    • Basic Medical Assistance (First appointment only)
    The following are not included in the rate:
    • Transportation
    • Laundry/Dry Cleaning Services
    • Spa
    • Golf and snacks at golf course
    • Motor Sports
    • Babysitting
    • Telephone Calls
    • Diving
    • To-go box lunches

Kalboz and SC Flier like this.
  11. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is one confusing point. Even though all meals are included, when you click on the "specials" of the hotel it states:

"Offers Available: Nov 20, 2011 - Dec 22, 2012 Book now and take advantage of our best rates of the season at one of the Starwood hotels and resorts in Latin America plus get daily breakfast for two."

I guess that they intened for the "specials" to be for all Latin America properties as oppose to this particular property.

Kalboz and SC Flier like this.
  12. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Sadly and of course Marriott no longer offers the all inclusive option with points.

13. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Melia has some resorts on Greek islands that offer all inclusive packages to some guests. These are three and four star properties in general and do not seem to have the full range of water sports that some places offer. However, they do seem to include wine or beer with meals and certain bar happy hour times in their rates, enforced by wristbands. You might be able to get these on points.

Kalboz, Espan and alohastephen like this.
  14. Espan

Espan Silver Member

Status Points:
    and for non-US citizens, Melia has a bucketload of all-inclusives in Cuba.... Some on very spectacular beaches. Of these the Paradisus level are the best by far, which is probably true across the bar for Melia all-inclusives...

Kalboz likes this.