Question about using EC miles for JL redemption

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by Audy_KTUH, Aug 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Audy_KTUH

Audy_KTUH Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello fellow EC'ers.
    Here's a question to all of you:
    I want to redeem some of my EC miles for an Asia to Europe award. This would be an additional segment to a US-Asia award on JL. JLs website show award availability on their NRT-FRA and NRT-CDG routes. The BA website on the other hand only shows me BA operated flights to those destinations.
    Can I give the BA agents the info from the JL site to have them add the segment to my LAX-NRT segment? I'm wondering if the BA agents will only book on BA metal when using Ec miles for a location that is serviced by BA.

Thanks for the help!

2. aussieflyer
    Original Member

aussieflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Bit of a bugger with BA.com
    After it comes up with the BA option did you try searching partners?

If its available they can book it. Just tell them you want to fly JL.

This would be two separate awards, right?

3. Audy_KTUH

Audy_KTUH Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the help. For some reason when I searched the NRT-FRA route or NRT-CDG it doesn't give me the option of searching on partners.
    I was planning on making this one award for LAX-NRT-FRA or CDG on JL with NRT as my stop over (mainly just to try out the new JL F suites). That way I can get back to HNL via SFO on LH and/or UA with my USDMs.
    However, after reading your response to my other post I may just go SFO-HKG-NRT on CX as I've never experienced international F or the front of the 744 (I've only sat in steerage in the back of the beast). I'll then just book another award on JL with my remaining miles for the return to HNL in J.

On a related note, have you noticed really high YQ on JL awards using BA.com? My LAX-NRT segment had $1100 in fees for two seats in F.

Thanks again!