Question about the "Taste of Gold" challenge

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by Septhinox, Feb 12, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Septhinox

Septhinox Member

Status Points:
    Hello all,

I have a question. I was offered the "Taste of Gold" challenge from a Marriott rep. She said I need 9 stays over the next 90 days. My problem is that I tend to have fewer stays, longer day stays. I won't be able to make the 9 stays before 90 days but will have probably 35 nights.

My question is should I break a long stay in 9 separate stays? Could I contact someone else to change it to night stays?

Kalboz likes this.
  2. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think you should write to them first to see if there is anything they can do:

elite.member@marriott.com

Try it first, then if necessary break you stays, but you can't check-out and back into the same holiday on one day, otherwise it won't be counted as a stay.

Septhinox and Kalboz like this.
  3. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thats weird... 9 stays are usually for Taste of Platinum challenges... I am doing "Taste of Gold" and need 6 paid stays... ;)

Kalboz likes this.
  4. Septhinox

Septhinox Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the suggestions.

I called back and talked to another rep and explained my situation. He asked me if I could get 75 nights by the end of the year (which I will easily) and I told him yes. He gave me platinum immediately with no challenges or conditions. Just my 75 nights by EOY to keep it for next year.

So now I'm happy. :)

mirohacek, Kalboz and anomadtoo like this.
  5. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    Had the same experience - though not without condition. They did ask me to forward evidence of top tier in another program (160 nights at Hilton last year). Within minutes of emailing the evidence, I was upgraded to Platinum.

Septhinox, mirohacek and Kalboz like this.