Question About Point Redemption

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by James K., Sep 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. James K.

James K. Silver Member

Status Points:
    So I want to use my Hyatt points at the Park Hyatt Paris for my awesome Operation Francophone (Montreal/Paris/Brussels/Monaco/Mauritius/Reunion) next summer. However, it says "The hotel is fully committed over your requested award travel dates." when I plug in June 20th to 21st. That seems extremely odd to me that it would be booked up, especially when the nights on either side are open, but I've never actually redeemed my Hyatt points before and just don't know much about the system.

So my question is, will this open up and I should just keep checking, or should I look to other options and dates because they clearly have a convention there or something? Pardon my ignorance, and thanks so much for your help.

marcwint55 and gleff like this.
  2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    They appear to be offering only upper-level suites for sale on that date. No idea what's going on and certainly rooms could open up, it doesn't seem to be an 'award availability issue' but really that they are not offering any standard rooms for sale on that night.

IDGflygirl and marcwint55 like this.
  3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would certainly look for other options, but it may be that they have not fully loaded all of their inventory yet.

IDGflygirl likes this.
  4. AAL

AAL Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would call Hyatt GP reservations. And if rooms aren't available now, I'd book an alternative but keep checking.. When I reserved the PH Paris Vendome for my two free nights next April, there were no Park Twin rooms available, so I booked a Park Queen. I've checked regularly and today Park Twin rooms were available.

I did a quick Google search and didn't find any major Paris event on June 20 that would cause the hotel to be booked but like you say, there could be a conference.

IDGflygirl likes this.
  5. James K.

James K. Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the responses guys. I could always use my ClubCarlson points, it just seemed like the PH would be a sweet way to start my Paris stay

6. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    It would be, this is a fine hotel. That date is around midsummer's eve, but I don't think that's a big deal in France (it is in the Nordic countries). So that probably isn't the reason

7. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are some really nice club Carlson choices, as well

8. James K.

James K. Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just as a follow-up, I called Hyatt and they said that Lockheed Martin is having a massive convention that night. I was preparing some choice remarks to make them all feel bad, e.g.

How does it feel that the DC-10 outsold the L-1011 380 to 250? BET IT FEELS LIKE CRAP, DOESN'T IT!?

But then today I checked back and there was an open room, so I got my dates and don't have to hate Lockheed. Thanks for your responses guys.