Question about offer terms

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by askias, Feb 3, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. askias

askias Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've gotten an offer from the Ritz Carlton to get their card again. The terms say that to be eligible, you can't be a current cardmember or be a "previous cardmember of this consumer credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this consumer credit card within the last 24 months."

I held the card for all of 2012 and part of 2013 before I cancelled. I received my bonus in 2012, more than 24 months ago, but I cancelled in June of 2013, less than 24 months ago. Would I be eligible for the bonus? In other words, does the clock run against the month when I received the bonus points, or does it run against when I stopped having the card?

I appreciate any insight from the experts! Thanks.

2. Ed Chandler
    Original Member

Ed Chandler Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can't tell you what Chase is going to do, but according to the way English works, the "clock" runs against the date you "received the new cardmember bonus."

For the clock to run against your cancellation date, it'd need to read, "... previous cardmember of this consumer credit card, who received a new cardmember bonus for this consumer credit card,within the last 24 months." Note the two additional commas.

Newscience likes this.
  3. askias

askias Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Ed, that was my interpretation as well.