Question about new Business Rewards Gold benes

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by Travelmom4, Feb 10, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Travelmom4

Travelmom4 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Husband usually charges business expenses to his AMEX BRG card and we like the flexibility of transferring points to various airlines and hotels. His expenses are mostly airfare, hotels and restaurants. The Business Gold Rewards has been a good earner for us because of the airfare category bonus and the annual bonus. With the changes to those earning categories, however, I am re-evaluating. My question is whether the new BGR earning of 3x points on "airfare purchased from airlines" means that husband's travel agent bookings of flights will not earn 3x? We earned 3x points on those charges in the past but I assume that this new language will change that? What do you all think?

The Points Guy did a comparison of the two AMEX cards and b/c of the bonus on the Everyday card after 30 transactions (which we will certainly meet), it compared favorably to the BGR. Plus, the annual fee is lower.

MX likes this.