Question about missing an award flight on CX that was booked through AA

Discussion in 'Cathay Pacific | Asia Miles/Marco Polo Club' started by lichenlt, Aug 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    As part of my oneworld award (in business class), I have a flight on CX in Oct. from HKG-SFO. This is the last segment of my itinerary. I'm fairly sure that I won't be able to make it (the flight departs at 12:30am). There's no business class seat available on the flights later that day (2:30pm) or on the next day (12:30am and 2:30pm), for now. I was wondering if they would put me on the next flight later that day if I miss the flight by, say 10hrs (I get to the airport at 10am)? or even worse I miss the 2:30pm flight again, would they put me on the next day flight if I get to the airport after the 2:30pm flight has departed?

Thanks.

2. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do you have status on AA? Then I think u can change the award for no charge, but even if u have to pay it would be worth it to me. This assumes award space is available on the flight u want since you said its not you might be safer booking in coach and hoping award seat in business opens up. I'm not sure how CX would handle it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they said no dice. It's a loooong swim or an expensive ticket if you have to buy one to get home.

3. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Date or time change is free even if you don't have status with AA. The problem is I can't find space, at least for now. Will keep checking.