Question About Lounge Access At NRT and SIN

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by perryplatypus, Dec 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. perryplatypus

perryplatypus Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am flying next month to for the first time to SIN on a sightseeing trip and mileage run. So I'm an EXP flying in J on AA DFW/NRT/DFW segments and flying in economy on the JAL NRT/SIN legs. All ticked code share on AA. While reading about lounge access in SIN I found it a bit confusing :confused: . So those of you who have been to NRT and SIN, can you let me know what are best lounges I have access to? Oh also have an AC membership through the AA Elite World MC. Any insight would be appreciated.

2. pjoalfa
    Original Member

pjoalfa Silver Member

Status Points:
    NRT you can use JAL's F lounge or the AAdmiral's Club (JAL's is great!).
    SIN I haven't been to, but as an EXP, JAL's lounge is available to you.

perryplatypus likes this.
  3. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    What exactly did you find confusing?

In NRT, it depends on what you want to do. If your interest is quality food, beverage, and facilities your obvious choice is the JL F lounge. My personal opinion is that the shower in AA's NRT AC are better than the ones offered at the JL facility though. There is also a QF lounge you can access, which offers a different experience and food/beverage, but I still prefer the JL F offering.

In SIN, you can choose between the CX offering (not that great) and the BA/QF offering (better). JL does no operate a lounge in SIN.

4. perryplatypus

Status Points:
    Maybe I got a little confuse with what was on the AC site about SIN access to the Qantas club. It said that I had to be traveling on Qantas. But I forgot I would get access because Oneworld Emerald status. :D Thanks for your opinons on the lounges. I'm only in NRT for a couple hours before my flight to SIN so shower maybe more important then food and beverage.

5. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    NRT is probably the best AC in the system, certainly in the top 3. The offering/facility there is pretty good. The JL F lounge is still much better. Luckily they are only about a 3 minute walk apart, so even with only a few hours in NRT, you can visit both.

6. perryplatypus

Status Points:
    That sounds like a plan. I do like to lounge hop to check out the offerings of other clubs :)

DestinationDavid likes this.