Question About Expiring MegaBonus Free Night Certificates?

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by hs1086, Jul 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. hs1086

hs1086 Member

Status Points:
    I've got two of the "2012 Spring MegaBonus Free Night Certificate, Category 1-4 Hotel" that I had planned to use for a buddy's wedding, but of course there's a convention going on that weekend and no reward rooms are available. Obviously I'm not losing out on anything major if I can't find another weekend to make use of them before 9/30/12 when they expire, but are there really any other options out there available for these free night certs? Do they ever extend them? Can you get around the expiration by booking future travel beyond the exp date (as long as you book before)? Any websites that trade or exchange them? Thanks.

Kalboz likes this.
  2. bobbornstein

bobbornstein Active Member

Status Points:
    Call Marriott Rewards, they will normally extend them by 6 months

Kalboz likes this.
  3. Globalflyer
    Original Member

Globalflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you have a reservation in the future that you can make now call Marriott and see what they say. In the past they've been more flexible about letting you use the certificate for a future stay rather than just extending the validity of the certificate.

Let us know how it works out. Good luck!

4. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    In my experience it's a big NO. They quoted me the T&C and stated very clearly that there is an expiration date and that is. So I had to plan an extra vacation just to use those certs.