Question about credit pulls

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by sharris503, Nov 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sharris503

sharris503 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm currently planning my CC churn for January and right now I have three citi cards that I want to apply for in January. I have a couple of questions. If I apply for all three citi cards on one day will that equal only one credit pull? Also am I likely to get declined because I am applying for two many cards from one bank at the same time? Thanks for the help.

alohastephen likes this.
  2. okrogius

okrogius Silver Member

Status Points:
    In general every application gets it's own pull. With that said, the credit reporting agency will generally consolidate multiple pulls from same entity made on the same day into one. (so in your example, all three would indeed likely show only as one - although your mileage may vary).

Approval criteria vary and isn't all that well disclosed anyways. At least in my experience I find most large banks (citi included) primarily care about the total exposure they have to you and how that's changing, rather than the amount of cards.

alohastephen likes this.
  3. Million Mile Secrets

Million Mile Secrets Silver Member

Status Points:
    Citi will allow only 2 apps every 65 days so I wouldn't apply for all 3 at the same time. Also if you apply for a business card now, you have to wait another 95+ days to apply for another business card.

Sometimes the credit pulls get combined and sometimes they don't. I wouldn't count on them getting combined!

Good luck!

4. mikeef
    Original Member

mikeef Silver Member

Status Points:
    What they said. I'd also check out creditboards.com, which has a lot of good info.

Mike

5. arkleseizure
    Original Member

arkleseizure Silver Member

Status Points:
    Though I find this very strange, I too have had the same experience with some of my same day Citi apps resulting in one pull and some resulting in multiple pulls. The answer I replied to is spot on.