Question about companion and upgrades

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by thunderchikin, Oct 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. I searched and couldn't find an answer to my situation...

My daughter and I are flying to Chicago next month. I will be paying for my flight and using miles for hers. Is there a way to link our tickets when ordering them on the US Ariways website so that we can sit together, etc.

Also, I'm silver, and she's not. If I get an upgrade, will she be upgraded, too?

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  2. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Welcome to MP thunderchikin!

Have you checked to see if you can request seats online? Go to then manage my reservations and enter in the relevant information and you should be able to pull it up and select seats.

As far as upgrades go, US Airways does not allow upgrades on award tickets.
  3. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

For some reason - when I use miles to purchase another person's flight, my DM number gets associated with that reservation. You should be able to see the same availability, including exit rows. You can try doing this online while logged in.

Upgrades need to be on the same PNR (record locator) and because of the different forms of payment there is no way of combining them. Mileage tickets are eligible for upgrade if you're past a certain threshold under the special dividends (but beyond where gold is, so you're likely not eligible)