Question about being moved to another flight...

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by LAM, Feb 8, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    This has never happened to me. I just found out through an alert from award wallet that I have been moved to an earlier flight for my trip to Montreal. This means I will have to take an entire day off from work and have to encure another day of boarding for my pet. The booking class on the ticket is T. My first flight is sold out and the trip is not until Memorial Day weekend. Why was I picked to get moved? Is there anything I can do about it? I have no status.

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have you called to ask why you were moved? Was this purchased (I assume more than 24 hours ago) through US, a real human travel agent, an online travel agent, or.....?

First look at schedules and figure out what you want, then call, explain, and ask nicely to be moved (at no additional cost) to a flight you want. Otherwise, for a significant schedule change, you're entitled to cancel the ticket and get a full refund. It might be a good idea to look at the US T&C regarding this.

The sooner you call to fix this the better the outcome will likely be since options will be limited as flights get full.

marcwint55 likes this.
  3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Contact the airline ASAP and explain your displeasure. If they do not have a flight that is acceptable to you, get a refund and book on another carrier.

4. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the info. I guess what gets me is I purchased this ticket over 4 weeks ago through a US Air representative because it involved using a voucher. The flight was not even half full at that time. I think I got picked because I am not a revenue passenger. He who books first should get to keep their ticket. I think I will try to take the evening flight after work.