Question about award availability.

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by GK., Dec 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. GK.

GK. Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi everyone, long time lurker with a question.

I am currently at 210k aeroplan miles and am planning a trip to syd from yyz (yyz-syd-akl-yyz). I looked on the aeroplan website and it listed biz class awards are 270k for two people. I think I can get the 60k miles by March but my question is whether this is even worth it? I know award availability is spotty at best to Australia and booking 4 months out would probably be a pipe dream. Is my logic sound? My alternative is to pony up the 5k and fly coach but wanted to run it by a group far more knowledgeable than I.

I'm looking at an early July flight and be gone for 6 weeks. Any help on the likely hood on getting 2 award seats on a star partner 4 months out would be appreciated.

Travelsavant likes this.
  2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Award space to Australia/OZ during our summer months isn't too bad. It's definitely possible to find you Biz space to there and back. Personally, I think it's worth it to redeem for Biz seats since it would be a very long itinerary.

malikguy likes this.
  3. Travelsavant
    Original Member

Travelsavant Gold Member

Status Points:
    Definitely worth it! Might consider some cheap mileage runs to rack up your miles sooner.