Question about Alaska Air miles credit (EQM)

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by malikguy, Feb 18, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. malikguy

malikguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I booked a fare directly with Alaska from DFW to SEA and provided my AA FF# info so that the trip will credit to AA for the qualifying miles. Does anyone have any experience with how fast the EQM posts to AA? I have a situation where I may be flying the next day on another flight and it could save me about $500 in stickers if my EP status kicks in over night.

perryplatypus and marcwint55 like this.
  2. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have not had any experience with crediting to AA, but crediting to Delta often takes a few weeks. I highly doubt that it will post the very next day.

perryplatypus and malikguy like this.
  3. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    From personal experience, it could take up to 10 days. I haven't remembered to check, but I think the sweeps are done on Tuesday evenings.

4. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes I agree - it usually takes me 3 to 7 full days depending on flight date in relation to sweep date to AA which is midweek evening.

5. progapanda

progapanda Silver Member

Status Points:
    It took 3 days for the 550 miles on a recent SFO-PDX segment on AS to post to my AAdvantage account.

By the way, what kind of awesome flight are you looking at using 17-18 upgrade stickers ($500 worth?) for?!

malikguy and perryplatypus like this.
  6. Robt760

Robt760 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You have two barriers here.

1. You are flying on an AA partner that thankfully gives you EQM/EQP towards your Aadvantage account. On AS, it does take 3-10 days for your miles to post.

2. Once your miles post, you'll have to wait for the EXP status and SWUs to post to your account. This could be anywhere from 2-7 additional days. After your status does update, I would recommend calling in to Aadvantage and having your current reservations 'refreshed' so that the status reflected on booked flights.

Overall, this means you might have a wait of a few weeks for everything to update, and SWU to post. You mentioned a flight the next day....there is probably about a .000002% chance of your status updating that quickly unfortunately.

perryplatypus and malikguy like this.
  7. malikguy

malikguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    DFW-SFO-JFK-SJU-DFW
    7,812 miles @ 6.5 CPM

perryplatypus likes this.