Question about 100,000 mile promo (earlier in 2011)

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by xxxadixxx, Aug 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. xxxadixxx
    Original Member

xxxadixxx Silver Member

Status Points:
    I received this card as part of the promo in April and promptly met the spending requirement. I received the first 50,000 miles, but have still not received the remaining 50,000 miles. Did I miss something in the T&C about a delay or could I have made another mistake.

Has anyone/everyone else already received the full 100,000 miles and if so, did you have to do anything other than the $1,500 spend? Thanks.

2. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I hope that's a typo, as the spend requirement was $2500 in 3 months. For most people, including me and my wife, it posted with the first statement after meeting the spend requirement.

aitchly and Remky like this.
  3. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I met the spend during the first period and the bonus posted promptly.

4. xxxadixxx
    Original Member

xxxadixxx Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, it was a typo. Thanks. I guess I have to go back to Chase again. Thanks.

5. xxxadixxx
    Original Member

xxxadixxx Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the replies. Chase got back to me today. I missed that I was counting the annual fee in as part of the $2500 spend. Without that, I was a little short. The CSR made an exception and will add the 50,000 miles anyway. That was very good service and I have to say I am impressed that they fixed a mistake I made. That was great.

travelinmike33 likes this.
  6. Tivoboy
    Original Member

Tivoboy Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I'll never understand how/why people will try to spend the absolute minimum on a required spending threshold while running the possible risk of missing out on at least part of the promo that got them into the card in the first place. If I had a nickel for every time someone said they missed or almost missed the promo because they counted the annual fee in their planned spending threshold - i'd be able to pay all the fuel charges and fees on an SFO-LHR RT in first flight. ;)

Audy_KTUH likes this.