Qualifying nights?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by adrianors, Jul 14, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,
    I am in doubt if I could get the nights or not for my stays next month. I'll be working as a technical translator for a group from a company and we will be staying at some Hilton's, but is a group booking. I really don't care about the points for these stays, but I do for the nights, in order to be able to qualify for diamond this year. Any idea if that would work? Should I ask the HHonors desk for a "treat"?

2. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    My understanding is that bulk negotiated / group bookings are (by default) ineligible for points, stays or benefits.
    However, it is frequently mentioned that if you make your status known at the FD, they might offer you some of the status benefits but it is at the discretion of the property. This could be free WIFI or breakfast etc.

Counsellor and adrianors like this.
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can ask but the rules are generally clear on this one. If the stay doesn't qualify for points then you're not going to get credit for the nights either.

adrianors likes this.
  4. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yep.. lets see if I can get my name on the hotel bill.. that would help a little.. I know I can get the gold perks.. but the nights would just be awesome.. :)

5. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yep.. last time I worked for this company I had complimentary wifi and breakfast.. but I believe they paid for me (I had no status with Hilton.. used to be all Marriott)

6. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Provide your HHonors membership number at check in and hope for the best. I have gotten elite qualifying credit at both Marriott and Hilton properties in the DC area as a consultant for the US government, which took care of booking the stays and paying the tabs (i.e., non-qualifying group booking).

Going "by the book" you will get zilch other than status recognition, including possibly a suite upgrade, while on the property...

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
    adrianors, WilliamQ and Counsellor like this.
  7. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Giving them your Hilton number when you check in is a good idea because at the minimum you might get a better room

I recommend getting the right credit card and you won't have to worry about how many nights you stay for Gold status

DTWBOB

adrianors likes this.
  8. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    elite recognition is probably likely, but you never know, that property might just be nice and be one of those that consider group bookings as qualifying, :p

adrianors and Thomask like this.
  9. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the replies guys, I'll let you know what happened as soon as I get there..